Tuesday, 17 July 2012

More Penis than I really want ...

Ok for some reason, I'm talking about Penis again..

I was reading Nathan Emmerich (@BioethicsUK) piece he just linked too and immediately felt the need to vent.

He starts out by stating:
One aspect of the German court’s ruling is that circumcision is, somehow, tantamount to allowing individuals other than the child to determine his religion and, therefore, denies the child the right to choose their own religion.

Which is a notion that causes me to desire a 3rd hand so I could triple facepalm. I follow the point that yes children/infants lack the autonomy and possibly the capacity to make these decisions for themselves, and even as an atheist I can see the value in being raised within a strong cultural surrounding and the feeling of belonging which that can bring. But there's a difference between raising a child with a set of beliefs that they can later challenge through vigorous thought and debate, raising a child with more material cultural traits forms of dress or grooming for example which again as a free agent later in life those raised in these cultures can cast away, and raising a child in a culture which mutilates the genitalia of it's infants.


He continues:
What we can, I think, say is that male circumcision causes very little harm and certainly causes nothing like the harm that female genital mutilation causes.



Fuck that, fuck that right there, the fictitious FLAMING TREVOR religion of Africa plucks out both eyes of all females, however the global religion of the WETNWILD WILFREDS only plucks out one eye of all males while infant ... should we excuse the WILFREDS? Is it not quite as bad so should we be content to just let shit be? Underselling the deaths, the complications, and even in the perfect procedure the FORCED removal of nerve endings in the genetalia of infants for any reason because others have it worse is beyond inane.

He wraps it all up with:
in the spirit of mutual respect we should embrace the contemporary moral diversity and the traditions that constitute it. If that means tolerating circumcision or, rather, not being intolerant of those whose traditional cultural and religious practices include circumcision - a relatively harmless practice - 



We don't espouse freedom of religion and moral relativism when it's backing up something ethically repugnant such as cannibalism. Fuck respect when it ends in the condoning of any abuse. Parents signing their children up for elective surgery to amputate any part of their anatomy for any reason non-medical is abuse, and religious loop-holes need to be sealed shut. I applaud Germany, for taking a progressive stance on a practice all too easily brushed under the rug, we must stop condoning this shit just because it's common, or for fear of being labelled anti-Semitic.
As I stated yesterday figures show 117 male infants died last year in the United States due to complications with this easy and quick unnecessary procedure. FUCK that .. and fuck anyone refusing to be objective when looking at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment